If you need to deactivate nodes for a period of time, you can do so by unmanaging / putting the node into maintenance mode. Changes you make to the managed or unmanaged status of a node takes affect after the next polling cycle.
To unmanage a node :
- Log on to your SolarWinds Web Console with an administrator account.
- Click the HOME
- Click Settings.
- Click Manage Nodes.
- Check the nodes you want to unmanage.
- Click Maintenance Mode menu.
- Click Unmanage Now to immediately unmanage the nodes or Schedule to schedule a time for the nodes to unmanage.
Deleting nodes from monitoring in the web console automatically stops monitoring of all applications and volumes on the deleted nodes.
- Log in to the SolarWinds Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings in the top right of the web console.
- Click Manage Nodes in the Node and group management area of the Solarwinds website administration page.
- Locate the node to delete using either of the following methods:
- Use the search tool above the node list to search your Solarwinds database for the node you want to delete.
- Select an appropriate group by criteria and then click the appropriate group included the node to delete.
- Check the node to delete in the list and then click Delete on the toolbar.